B E A U T Y | Current Favorites: Summer
(Starting from left to right)
1. Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment – The title says it all. Well, most of it anyway. This is a salicylic acid treatment for spots. There aren’t really any clear instructions on how to use this product on the packaging, but I usually just mix this in with my moisturizer. If you want a more targeted spot treatment as the name would suggest, you could easily place a Q-Tip at the opening of the bottle, get some of the product on it, and put it directly on the spots you would like to treat.
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer – Since I’m pretty lazy and am usually struggling to get out the door on time, primer isn’t something I typically use year-round. However for the summer I tend to make an exception. This primer leaves the finish of my foundation feeling pretty matte and makes it last all day long. Since this product is water based, it feels very light (almost like a moisturizer) which allows you to achieve an oil-free look without that heavy silicone feeling.
3. Essence 3D Eyeshadow in Irresistible Vanilla Latte – This is an absolutely gorgeous eye shadow! However, I like to use it as my facial highlighter! There is no chunky glitter or shimmer and the powder is very smooth. The pigmentation isn’t very strong, which I quite like in a highlighter because it makes it easier to build the product up, as opposed to accidentally applying too much. And its also super inexpensive!
4. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Stromboli – One of my holy grail foundations! Despite the name, this foundation actually has pretty decent coverage. One of the reasons why I like this foundation so much, and why I keep coming back to it, is because of the color. The color matches me damn near perfectly in the summer time and I have never been able to say that about another foundation. It’s also not too matte and not too dewy, but more of a satin finish which I like. The product gets talked about on social media pretty frequently and I would definitely say it’s worth the hype!
5. Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Mud Mask – LITERALLY THE BEST DUPE EVER. Well maybe not ever, but pretty freaking close. This mask is almost an exact dupe for the Origins Clear Improvements Mask at a fraction of the price! As far as the effectiveness, these two basically do the same thing. However, my only complaint about the Freeman mask is that for whatever reason, it irritates your eyes? Like, even if you don’t put it anywhere near your eyes. *Luckily, I found this not to be true for the scrub version of this mask.* Despite that, I am still willing to use this mask as it reduces the size of my spots and tightens my pores.
6. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent – In the summer time, my skin becomes extremely oily (thus all of the “stay matte” products) and this powder is inexpensive and does a pretty good job at keeping the oiliness to a minimum. I love the formulation of this powder, however I wish the color selection was better. Although this claims to be translucent, I’ve found that it has the tendency to give me a slightly lighter complexion, but that may just come with the territory of translucent setting powders. I wouldn’t worry to much about it if you have a fair complexion, but if you have a darker skin tone, you might want to take this into consideration. As for me, I actually don’t mind the lightening effect.
7. NYX Cosmetics Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown – Brow pencils are probably one of my favorite products to use on my brows. Don’t get me wrong, I really like using powders and waxes too, especially for a more natural effect. However, I love this product for quick, “on the go brows”. Also, another one of my favorite things about it is that it travels extremely well and barely takes up any space. If you are never at home and constantly on the go, this is probably the brow product for you.
8. Smith’s Rosebud Salve in Mint and Strawberry – Although I’ve heard of many different ways to use this product, I just use it as a basic lip balm. I’ve had the one with the original rose scent in the pot, which I loved, but sadly it melted and got everywhere. I also wasn’t too keen on having to stick my fingers in the pot everytime I had dry lips and sometimes it was hard to get to the product because the packaging could be difficult to open. This tube is the packaging modification makeover that this product needed and now I can’t live without it!